New Members Welcome
As a prospective new member, you're invited to attend any of our New Member Orientation sessions to familiarize you with what we provide our business members. Contact Executive Director Nancy Cummings by email or phone at 708.582.6510 for more information on when these sessions are scheduled.
We offer two levels of membership: annual dues are $125 for businesses located in La Grange and $175 for businesses located outside of La Grange. The application for new members can be found here. Your membership becomes active once your application has been approved and payment has been received.
Here's important information about how to get involved in our programs and activities.
Monthly meetings are held at 8am on the second Thursday of each month at Palmer Place Restaurant, unless otherwise noted. There are a few exceptions. Meetings are posted on the homepage and under events.
Prospective new members are invited to stop by; please contact Executive Director Nancy Cummings if you’re interested in attending.
The Committees oversee our strategic direction and consult regularly with the Board to ensure that the interests of our Members are being considered at all levels.
Carnival Committee - contact Peggy Maglaris Kopley, Prasino, 708.469.7058 x4
– Plans and organizes the annual La Grange Carnival, a signature event which is an important means of financial support for the Business Association held the weekend after Memorial Day.
Education Committee - contact Joe Kroc, FNBC Bank & Trust, 708.579.8650
– Seeks out speakers, workshops and seminars that provide learning opportunities to help address important needs of our member businesses.
Farmers Market Committee - contact La Grange Business Association at 708.582.6510
– Plans and supervises a lively farmers market held weekly from May – Oct and seeks out opportunities to engage residents and community groups interested in sustainability.
Health and Wellness Committee - contact Gioia Giannotti, (r)evolution architecture, 708.582.6080
– Seeks to market and promote our wellness-related member business through events, campaigns and activities that serve their needs. This committee meets monthly; it produces a handy Resource Guide that lists all of the health & wellness amenities and services in our community plus tips to live a healthy and happy life.
Hometown Holiday Committee - contact Negeen Masghati, Baird and Warner, at 708.491.4155
– This signature event attracts thousands as the local businesses welcomes Santa to La Grange with a magical night of merchant open houses and activities for kids to kick off the holiday seasons.
Membership Committee - contact Ryan Williamson, Horizon Wealth Management, at 708.352.4300
– Responsible for member solicitation and retention, this committee is tasked with inviting new businesses to join and mentoring them on their journey. The Membership Committee works in tandem with the Service Committee to organize networking and social engagements.
Non-Profit Committee - contact Joan Smothers, Smothers Realty, at 708.482.2980
– Seeks to identify and serve the unique needs of our non-profit members by providing a platform for volunteering, collaboration and cooperation. Meets bi-monthly.
Retail Committee - contact Sandra Law, Anderson’s Bookshop, at 708.582.6353
– Seeks to identify and organize unique promotions and marketing opportunities that serve the needs of our retailers. Meets regularly.
Scholarship Committee - contact Jim Walls, MB Financial Bank, 312.493.7600
– Reviews scholarship applications from graduating high school seniors and determines recipients.
Service Business Committee - contact Steve Jasinksi, Baird & Warner Real Estate, 708.491.4206
– Plans and organizes efficient and productive networking and social events for members.
Summer Art Project Committee - contact Chrissy Banks, Hukipooks Graphic Design, 708.352.1480
– Creates, develops and promotes this signature event: an annual sidewalk art project designed to help market La Grange as a destination and build visibility for local businesses.
West End Arts Festival Committee - contact Phil Fornaro, Fornaro Law, 708.639.4320
– Plans and organizes a multi-dimensional arts festival which incorporates fine arts, performance art, culinary art and student art. This signature event is held annually in September; committee meets monthly.
We're always ready to welcome new committee members. Call the above listed chair of the committee you'd be interested in to find out more.
La Grange Gift Certificate Program
If you are a restaurant, retail or service business, would you like to be listed as one of the members that accepts La Grange Gift Certificates? These popular certificates are available in $10 denominations. They are used just like cash. Certificates may be purchased at three places in La Grange:
- 1) La Grange Village Hall
- 2) Horton's
- 3) FNBC Bank & Trust
To get your business listed as one that accepts La Grange Gift Certificates, email Lori Donahoe. There's no cost to you to get listed and no fees apply. It's one of the perks of your membership!